Friday, October 28, 2011


Another quickie! I honestly don't think anyone's gonna read this entry 'til the World Series is over, though. :)

Yes, I did a lot this past weekend. In fact, I've been busy this whole week, which as made me either too busy/too tired to put in a blog post.

In any case, I have BIG NEWS. Namely, I'm moving!

Long and short of it is, I'm not that good at teaching Kindergarten- so I wound up finding another job where I'd work with older students, for less hours, for more money. Slick!

The rub, however, is this job is in Icheon, which is something like 50 minutes southeast of Seoul. I've heard it's nice, however- and it's honestly not TOO far fro me to make a weekend trip to the big city whenever the coolest stuff is happening.

The Ilsan school was very accommodating, too, and honestly things went off in the best possible way. I'll miss the kids (some of them, at least), but so things go. It's funny, however- yesterday, when I told the kids goodbye, all the kindergarteners went "NoooOOooo!" and were sad. The elementary school kids, on the other hand, were more like 'So?'

So yeah. Moving! Crazy. My ride should theoretically be here in an hour or so, and the teacher they got to replace me in Ilsan will be moving in around the same timeish, I think? I've spent the last while cleaning up my apartment- right now, it's still a bit dusty and such, but it's no longer something that will terribly horrify my successor. It's unfortunate, though, as we all went and hung out a little bit at the other American teacher's pad on Wednesday, and his pad is MUCH nicer than mine, so we kept on telling my replacement that his apartment is the exception, not the rule.

So yeah. Expect reports to come about the city of Icheon, my new apartment, and even a brief report on nerdery in Korea. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment