Friday, October 21, 2011

A quickie!

Yes, I've been tardy in blog posts. But here's an update nonetheless.

Last weekend was fairly low key- it rained a ton on Saturday, so I stayed in. Sunday was gorgeous, however. I traded in some books at What the Book (Seoul's leading English language bookstore) for new ones, and then I met up with my Cousin and our friend T at a big flea market thing at Seoul World Cup stadium. I didn't get anything at the market, however- mostly because the books were in Korean, and the clothes were in Korean sizes. It was still fun going, nonetheless! I also saw a bootleg Bruticus- which I didn't get, as I have the actual mold back home in the states.


Afterward, we took a walk along the river and had some galbi in T's old neighborhood. T's been in Korea for a long while, and she had some really interesting stuff to say about the rapid growth and gentrification of that part of Seoul.

And, uh, that's it. Work's been going fairly well. It helps that I get to teach a Halloween-based unit. "Freddy Kreuger" is one of the vocabulary words. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of showing them random clips from Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein (a movie I'd like to see in its entirety, come to think of it).

Went out boozing last night- LePub's a little different under the new management, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Seemed fairly busyish. Ambled home around 2am, and now I'm awake! Mostly.

This weekend's gonna be a bit more eventful, however- in a few minutes, I'm going out on a work-picnic thing with the other teachers, which should be fun. And after that, there's apparently some sort of comics festival thingamajig going on here in Ilsan, which I'm rather excited about. I'm hoping to get a glimpse at a Korean-nerdy subculture, but it may just be a bunch of bookstores hawking manhwa. Either way, expect overthinking analysis to come!

And because it's a short entry, have some pictures of my beer shelf. I like to keep track of what kinds of beers you can get over here. This isn't ALL of what's available- but it's a good part of it. I'd say at least 75% of these were bought at the same homeplus, too. 

That's all I've got for now. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment